Saturday, August 21, 2010

So Where Have I Been?

It's been two weeks now since I posted and I'm wondering where the time has gone. It's certainly not that I haven't had plenty to say. So what then? Well, we came back from vacation and life just seemed to hit fast forward. Catch up on work, kids back to school - all the normal stuff that goes on anyway. So it's just me again. I haven't made the time to sit down and write. Guess there is no point in beating myself up over it. I'll just keep on trying.

So, we had a bit of a scare a few weeks ago -  the week before my oldest son was to return to University, we found out there was a problem with his Grants, Scholarships and Student Loans (due of course to the changes in legislation by our illustrious government). So we all got a little frantic. My son was sure that it was a sign from God that he wasn't supposed to return to school - just a bit dramatic, that boy. Me, well I'm busy calculating in my head how I am going to hustle up the extra money needed to "bridge the gap". Of course, level-headed Mama, got on the phone the next day and evidently called I don't know who and how many offices and agencies and got it all straightened out.

It's a little ironic though. Our first reaction was really not that God would take care of this need (although He definitely did). Too often my first reaction is what am I going to do to fix this, to handle this, To "get 'er done". Can't help it, it's part of the "hunter-gatherer" thing and that's how god created man. Don't get me wrong, I have to take care of my responsibilities but sometimes I just need to let go and let God!In the end it all worked out.  Fortunately I had the lesson the following Wednesday at Choir Bible Study and it made for a great illustration on pride. I love it when God uses a road-block to wake me up!


Proverbs 11:2 (NIV)

When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment